Vatican & Catacombs Tour
Skip all Vatican lines with priority access before experiencing all the major highlights of the famous Vatican City!
This entire Vatican tour covers the Musei Vaticani, Sistine Chapel, “Catacombs” (we have special access to the underground tombs of former Popes), and St. Peter’s Church in c. three hours.
Skip the long public line with priority access before experiencing all the major highlights inside the famous Vatican Museums! This entire Vatican tour covers the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, “Vatacombs” (we have special access to the underground tombs of former Popes), and St. Peter’s Basilica in about three hours.
Such highlights include the Round Room, Sistine Chapel, and Ancient Roman and Greek pieces in the Belvedere Courtyard. We will get you inside the Sistine Chapel quickly without hassle and unnecessary waiting (while still covering the most important masterpieces along the way).
After leaving the Sistine Chapel you will be given direct access to St. Peter’s Basilica, a privilege made available especially for you courtesy of When In Rome Tours. Inside the basilica you will see Michelangelo’s beautiful Pieta’, Dome, and Bernini’s bronze Baldacchino. All other visitors on other tours are forced to exit the Vatican and take the long route!
In conclusion, on St. Peter’s Square, your guide will relate the origins of the Vatican City State and Swiss Guard.
- Apr 1 – Nov 3 at 08:45 AM: daily exc. Wed & Sun.
- Apr 1 – Nov 3 at 11:00 AM: daily exc. Sun.
- Apr 1 – Nov 3 at 13:00 PM: daily exc. Sun.
- Nov 4 – Mar 31 at 08:45 AM: daily exc. Wed & Sun.
- Nov 4 – Mar 31 at 13:30 PM: daily exc. Sun.
- Tour does not run on public holidays.
- Sturdy, comfortable footwear advised.
- Activity level: easy.
- Average Group Size (Apr 1 – Nov 3): 20
- Average Group Size (Nov 4 – Mar 31): 15
- NOT wheelchair accessible
Departure Time11 am
Return TimeDuration ca. 3 h
IncludeEntry FeesPersonal Guide
Not IncludedLunchHotel PickupBreakfast