Montalcino – Wine & Olive Oil Tour
from €235per person
Discover the vineyards of Montalcino, the origin, history and tradition of the famous Brunello wine, and taste several local Olive Oil varieties
Red: the color of passion, love and strong emotions. Gold: the color of divine, abundance, creativity. On this Montalcino – Wine & Olive Oil Tour you’ll discover the red and gold gems of this territory: wine and olive oil, to learn more about the different soil and climatic conditions that contribute to their unique character.
We’ll leave Florence in a comfortable minivan, passing by the rolling hills of Chianti, the woods and valleys of Maremma to reach Montenero d’Orcia, at the southern border of the Val d’Orcia, UNESCO heritage near the “Monte Amiata”. In this small Tuscan village your expert certified sommelier, Claudia, will welcome you and bring you to a renowned Frantoio to discover the secrets of their Olive Oil and taste 3 different products.
Next stop will be Sant’Angelo Scalo to visit a winery specialized in organic wines and 3rd biggest producer of no less than his majesty Brunello di Montalcino in the area. You’ll get a lot of information about the Sangiovese- Grosso- clone selection and the organic wine production and you’ll taste 3 protected wines of the territory: Sant’Antimo DOC, Rosso di Montalcino DOC and Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, as well as the their Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Time for lunch! We’ll have time to enjoy typical dishes and specialties in a small family-run winery closer to Montalcino, tasting also their Sparkling Rosè, Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino and local Grappa. We can finally relax after lunch in Montalcino city center, maybe with a pleasant digestive stroll, having a coffee or go shopping in the remarkable wine shops of the village.
Last but not least, before going back to Florence: an historic and unique winery in the northern part of Montalcino run by women only! We’ll have a walk through the vineyards discovering contemporary art and visit the wine cellar, tasting 2 wines and Olive Oil Terre di Siena DOP.
4-5 Persons: 305 €/Person
6-8 Persons: 235 €/Person
8+ Persons: please contact us
– Departure: 8 am at Florence City Center TBD /Return: 7 pm
– Cancellation policy: until 8 days before Tour date and time free cancellation/ 7-5 days before 50 % /from 4 days before we will charge 100%
– Small group tour (min. 4 persons) in English and German with licensed guide and sommelier
– Available from Monday to Friday on request
Our offer includes:
– Local licensed guide and expert sommelier
– Transportation from and to Florence
– Visit to olive oil production with 3 different olive oil tastings
– Visit to winery specialized in organic wine
– Tastings of 3 wines: Sant’Antimo DOC, Rosso di Montalcino DOC and Brunello di Montalcino DOCG and local olive oil
– Typical lunch at family owned winery with wine pairings and Grappa
– Free time to spend in Montalcino city center
– Visit to a women-run winery with contemporary art surprise and wine and olive oil tastings
* Prices may change due to transfer costs and number of persons
DepartureFlorence City Center TBD
Departure Time8 am
Return Time7 pm
Dress Codecomfortable (suggested)
IncludeLunchEntry FeesPersonal GuideHotel PickupBreakfast