Trastevere Food Tour
from €75per person
A real foodie experience with typical appetizers in one of the most magical neighbourhood of Rome
Italian Food is more than just pizza and pasta, there is so much variation and regional differences! We will try to give you an overview of the Roman cuisine introducing you to family-run businesses, local vendors, locally sourced ingredients and simple but quality dishes.
The Trastevere Food Tour is a pleasant 3-hour stroll around Trastevere, the picturesque medieval neighborhood of Rome on the west bank of the river Tevere, all intricate alleyways and hidden corners, authentically lively during the day and super charming on evenings. Trastevere is the heart of the traditional Roman cuisine and that’s why we chose this area for you to fully enjoy your staying in Rome.
We’ll start from an old cheese shop, trying typical cheeses and local cured meat. Perfect after this: artisanal sweets in a cookie’s factory that dates back to 1920.
You’ll meet the families that work hard to preserve the city’s food traditions, also represented by the Roman street food vendors, meticulously selected by being the best in the city. We’ll stop then in an awarded bistrot, where the chef will teach you how to prepare some of the most famous recipe of yummy Roman dishes, while sipping a refreshing glass of wine. The icing of today’s cake? Gourmet gelato, no explanation needed.
– Price per Person: Adults 75 €/ Adolescents (13-17) 55 € / Children (5-12) 35 €
– Departure: 10.30 am at Via di Ponte Quattro Capi 16, on Tiber Island / return: 1.30 pm
– Cancellation Policy: free 8 days before Tour date and time, 100% after that
– Min. 2 persons small group tour in English with guide
– Available from Monday to Saturday
– Available for special dietary restriction on request; we’ll do our best to arrange this food tour experience based on your needs
Our offer includes:
– Local guide
– 7 food tastings in 5 food locations: cheeses and local cured meat, artisanal cookies, Roman street food, gourmet gelato
– Typical pasta carbonara and a glass of wine at the restaurant
– A little souvenir: Rome for Foodies’ guide
DepartureVia di Ponte Quattro Capi 16, 00186 Roma (on Tiber Island)
Departure Time10.30 am
Return TimeDuration 3 h
IncludeLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
Not IncludedHotel PickupBreakfast