Vatican & Vatacombs Tour
from €75per person
A solemn journey through Vatican’s rich heritage and world-class art collection: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Church and the Vatacombs
“Oh my God!” Yes, that’s what you’ll say a lot if you decide to take this tour with us!
This heavenly 3-hour tour explores the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and the Papal Sarcophagi known as “Vatacombs”, where many popes rest in peace.
Our expert guide will wait for you at our meeting point near the Museums, where you’ll get priority access to the Vatican Museums and to the magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica. There starts your journey through Vatican’s rich heritage and world-class art collection: you will experience all the major highlights inside Vatican City.
We’re talking about one of the most important art collection in the world, spanning over 1,200 rooms, that your expert guide will cover in all its most important masterpieces. Highlights include the rooms of Raphael, the Roman and Greek pieces in the mysterious Belvedere Courtyard, a detailed background on the Sistine Chapel from before it was commissioned to the finishing touches, learn how to distinguish between truth and legend.
After the stunning Sistine Chapel, you’ll skip the line and head straight to the St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world, built over what are believed to be the bones of St. Peter. You’ll see the Pietà di Michelangelo, the dome and the massive baldacchino (bronze canopy) by Bernini, Raphael’s “Transfiguration” and other monuments of great artistic importance. Once outside the magnificent basilica, you’ll get some information about the history of the Vatican City, its colorful-dressed army, the Swiss Guard, and how St. Peter’s Square was designed.
At last, your guide will lead you the underground level of the “Vatacombs”, an area not often seen, where tombs of former popes rest for eternity, to conclude our tour with solemnity.
– Price per Person: Adults 75 € / Children & Adolescents (6-17) 65 € / Infants (0-5) free
– Departure: 10:30 am* (with meeting time 10.15 am) at Via Sebastiano Veniero 19/21 in front of the bar / return: 1:30 pm
– Cancellation Policy: 8 days before Tour date and time free cancellation / 7-5 days before 50 % / from 4 days before we will charge 100%.
– Small group tour in English (average group size: 18-25 persons) with licensed guide
– Available from Monday to Saturday
– Unfortunately, the tour is NOT accessible with wheelchair
*on low season the tour will be shifted 1 hour later, starting at 11.30 am, meeting time 11.15
Our offer includes:
– Licensed Vatican guide
– Ticket and fully guided tour to: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and Papal sarcophagi tour
– Fast track Vatican entrance
Our offer DOEN NOT includes:
St. Peter’s Tomb / Scavi / Necropolis – please book separately through the Vatican
– It is not possible to take photos inside the Sistine Chapel
– Inside the Vatican City (and all churches in Rome) for both ladies and men knees and shoulders must be covered. For men, no shorts of any kind are allowed. No exceptions are made.
– On days immediately surrounding religious holidays, alterations to tours may be necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included. If the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter’s Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica will be extended, and no refunds made.
DepartureVia Sebastiano Veniero 19/21 in front of the bar
Departure Time10:30 am
Return TimeDuration ca. 3 h
Dress CodeComfortable (suggested) and respectful of the location
IncludeEntry FeesPersonal Guide
Not IncludedLunchHotel PickupBreakfast