Wine Tour & Truffle Hunting Experience
from €230per person
A perfect experience combining local wines from 2 wineries, his majesty the Truffle and typical Italian farmhouse lunch!
Good and healthy wines, an insight into 2 winery & farms respecting the environment, generous Italian style Truffle Lunch and a digestive truffle hunting: this tour is a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience different worlds in one day!
We start our extraordinary gourmet journey by picking you up with a comfortable minivan at your accommodation and driving up to the hills surrounding the city. Our first destination is a biodynamic, organic Winery & Farm, where an expert sommelier will let you discover the secrets of their production, in harmony with nature and in respect of old traditions. After a walk through the vegetable garden, meeting some free range local pigs, we’ll taste the products grown and made here with patience and passion: the vegetables you just saw and even their flowers, the mortadella and salame from the pigs, Parmigiano Reggiano and bread… of course all paired with several wines from the winery!
Second stop: a major traditional family-run winery of the area, very renowned for its solid experience in both autochthonous and international grapes and its precise interpretation of the territory. You’ll probably run into the owner aboard his tractor before exploring the winery with our sommelier, tasting some wines and bumping into… surprise! a stone grinder! No, it’s not for the grapes; this farm is also well-known for growing several ancient and modern grains and their unrefined processing, that allows the flours to preserves genuine and healthy characteristics.
We’ll head then to Savigno, the City of Truffle, actually a small village that became very famous for white and black truffles. What a better place to enjoy lunch? At the agriturismo we selected, we’ll have a 5-course Truffle Lunch with local wine pairing. You like the magic world of truffles, but not very much eating them or you have special dietary restrictions? No problem, we can arrange also vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, truffle free menus and much more!
After all this “mangia mangia“, it’s time to burn some calories by going for a walk, but with a specific purpose! Our expert truffle hunter and its human (yes the real hunter is actually the dog!) will teach you everything you want to know about truffle. You’ll learn about their unique symbiosis with trees, the better conditions to find them and you’ll understand the special relationship the truffle hunter needs to establish with his trained dog.
A unique and unforgettable experience to learn about the magical truffle world in a complete day. Come join us!
2-3 Persons € 350/Person
4-12 Persons € 230/Person
12+ persons: please contact us
– Departure: 9.15 am at your accommodation/ Return: 5 pm
– Cancellation Policy: until 8 days before Tour date and time free cancellation/ 7-5 days before 50 % /from 4 days before we will charge 100%*
– Small group tour (min. 2 persons) in English with licensed guide
– Available on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (NOT available from the 23rd September – 11th October. During the Savigno Truffle Festival, on the first 3 Sundays of November, we organize special Truffle Tours, contact us to know more!)
– Available for vegetarian, vegan, glucose and lactose intolerants on request; let us know about it!
*please note this tour requires good weather conditions: we reserve the right to cancel in case of rain, snow, ice
Our offer includes:
– Pick up with comfortable private minivan, at disposal for the whole day
– Local expert sommelier with you for the whole day
– Guided visit to biodynamic, organic winery and its vegetable garden
– Aperitivo of fresh vegetables and flowers from the garden, local cheeses & charcuterie, all paired with wines
– Visit to traditional family-run winery and unrefined flour producer, tasting locally made wines
– 5 course Truffle Lunch with wine pairings
– Truffle hunting, with an expert truffle hunter (the one that barks!) and its human
More about seasonal Emilia Romagna’s truffle…
September – December: White Truffle (Tuber Magnatum Pico)
January – April: Bianchetto Truffle ( Tuber Albidum Pico)
May – September: Black Summer Truffle (Tuber Aestivum Vitt)
DepartureYour accommodation in Bologna city center
Departure Time9.15 am
Return Timeca. 5 pm
Dress Codecomfortable (suggested)
IncludeLunchEntry FeesPersonal GuideHotel Pickup