Bologna Food Walking Tour
from €93per person
A 4-hour journey through old markets, secret recipes and awesome tastings, discovering Bologna, the food capital of Italy!
Bologna, one of the food heaven of Italy, probably the food capital! Lasagne, tortellini, tagliatelle al ragù are just the most famous dishes but there’s so much more to discover! If you’re a foodie, you’re in the right place.
We’ll start our 4-hours gastronomic adventure with a warm and warming caffè prepared by one the best barista in town. Why is coffee so important and beloved in Italy? Let’s find out together. We’ll head then to the two beating hearts of the food tradition in Bologna (yes, we have at least two!): Quadrilatero, an area of ancient markets and trade guilds whose history goes back to the Middle Age and Mercato delle Erbe, the largest covered market in the historical city center. You can buy local products just like many locals do here everyday. We’ll stop by an artisanal fresh pasta-maker to have an insight of this specialty and taste some fresh pasta al ragù (what’s known worldwide under the name bolognese sauce but… well… here it needs to be the authentic one!).
You’re literally surrounded by any kind of food possibly desired, so no problem if you start to feel hungry! It’s lunchtime by now, we’ll have time to relax in one of the oldest Osteria of Italy, tasting a selection of local cheeses like Parmigiano Reggiano, charcuterie like Mortadella, typical breads and even old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and having a glass of Pignoletto, the fizzy white wine of the area.
Did you know Bologna is also famous for its fantastic gelato? No kidding, you’ll see it for yourself: we’ll finish our journey learning its secrets and tasting different gelato flavours. A little warning: your conception of pistachio will change forever!
– Price per Person: Adults 93 € / Kids (6-12) 40 €
– Departure: 10 am at Piazza Maggiore by Neptune Fountain / Return: 2 pm
– Cancellation Policy: until 2 days before Tour date and time free cancellation; after we will charge 100%
– Small group tour (min. 2 – max 8 persons) in English with licensed guide
– Available from Monday to Saturday
– Available for vegetarian, vegan, glucose and lactose intolerants on request; let us know about it!
Our offer includes:
– Local expert tour guide
– Gourmet coffee to start the day with energy
– Visit to 2 of the oldest markets in town
– Stop by an artisanal fresh pasta-maker & tasting of pasta al ragù
– Lunch with selection of traditional cheeses and charcuteries, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena DOP, local breads
– Local wines such as Pignoletto, Sangiovese or Lambrusco
– Gelato tasting
DeparturePiazza Maggiore by Neptune Fountain
Departure Time10 am
Return Time2 pm
Dress Codecomfortable (suggested)
IncludeLunchEntry FeesPersonal Guide
Not IncludedHotel PickupBreakfast