Montalcino – Val d’Orcia – Wine and Food Tour
from €212per person
This day trip will bring you to Montalcino and to the heart of the valley “Val d’Orcia”, recognized by the UNESCO as world heritage, you will discover the world’s famous Rosso & Brunello di Montalcino DOCG wines and then you will enjoy a great Italian Barbecue at a local wine & meat farm with view on the stunning Orcia valley.
Discover the heart of the Montalcino land and Val d’Orcia, recognized by the UNESCO as world heritage. An outstanding journey in the land of the famous Rosso & Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, enjoying the view, visiting historical and new wineries and having an unforgettable Italian Barbecue!
We’ll starts in the north-east part of Montalcino, where you’ll visit a recently built winery with female charm, tasting 3 of their elegant wines. After such a great start, we’ll get back to the past, visiting an historic winery of Montalcino and tasting 5 of their wines, including of course Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino and the less famous Moscadello di Montalcino.
Let’s attack some food now in a small family farm and winery in Val d’Orcia. What’s on the menu? Fantastic Italian Barbecue! You can even visit the livestock of the animals raised with enormous care by the family Pieri. They will let you know about their meat production and winery, explaining the most important characteristics of the Montecucco DOC production.
After all these emotions, and an Italian espresso we’ll get back to Florence, where more culture and fun is surely waiting for you!
7-8 Persons: 229 €/Person
9-20 Persons: 212 €/Person
– Departure: 7.45 am at Florence City Center TBD /Return: 6.30 pm
– Cancellation policy: until 8 days before Tour date and time free cancellation/ 7-5 days before 50 % /from 4 days before we will charge 100%
– Small group tour (min. 7 – max 20 persons) in English and German with licensed guide and sommelier
– Available from Monday to Friday on request
Our offer includes:
– Local licensed guide and expert sommelier
– Transportation from and to Florence
– Visit of a modern winery with tasting of 3 wines produced in Montalcino
– Visit of a historic winery with tasting of 5 wines
– Barbecue lunch & Wine tastings at a family-run farm in Orcia Valley
– Visit of the farm and their winery
* Prices may change due to transfer costs and number of persons
DepartureFlorence City Center TBD
Departure Time7.45 am
Return Time6.30 pm
Dress Codecomfortable (suggested)
IncludeLunchEntry FeesPersonal GuideHotel PickupBreakfast