Ravenna Mosaics Walking Tour
from €50per person
Put together 5 outstanding pieces of a UNESCO heritage jigsaw puzzle!
Did you like making jigsaw puzzles when you were young? Discover Ravenna, the City of Mosaics! It’s time to put all the pieces together and be (literally!) puzzled by Ravenna’s most beautiful Early-Christian and Byzantine mosaics from the 5th and 6th centuries.
The Ravenna Mosaics Walking Tour is the perfect tour to enjoy with an expert local guide the many beauties this ancient city has to offer in even just a half day: you’ll join a guided walk through the old city center with a pause and a practical demonstration of mosaic-making technique, enjoying and understanding the enormous history of Ravenna, its rare beauty and deep spirituality.
Ready to start your 5-UNESCO heritage site jigsaw puzzle?
- Piece no. 1: the astonishing Church of S. Vitale, commissioned by the Emperor Justinian of Byzantium, where masterfully depicted mosaics of his fabulous wife Theodora will amaze you.
- Piece no. 2: the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia in all its greatness, a powerful building created to honour the resilient and colorful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
- Piece no. 3: the Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by wonderful mosaics.
- Piece no. 4: the Basilica of San Francesco and its cloisters, with a special visit to the tomb of Dante Alighieri, the greatest Italian poet of all time and father of Italian language when Italy did not exist yet, author of the worldwide famous “Divine Comedy”
- Piece no. 5: the Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo, private chapel of the Ostrogoth King Theoderic.
Do you like the image that pops up?
2-4 Persons € 70/Person
5-8 Persons € 60/Person
9-12 Persons € 50/Person
– Departure: 11 am at Piazza Francesco Baracca or Piazza del Popolo /Return: 2 pm
– Cancellation policy: until 8 days before Tour date and time free cancellation/ 7-5 days before 50 % /from 4 days before we will charge 100%
– Small group tour (min. 2 persons) in English with licensed guide
– Available on request
Our offer includes:
– Local licensed guide
– Guided visit to 5 important UNESCO heritage sites in Ravenna
Our offer DOESN’T include:
– Entrance ticket to Museums (from 9,50 €/Person)
– Evtl. transportations
DeparturePiazza Francesco Baracca or Piazza del Popolo
Departure Time11 am
Return Time2 pm
Dress Codecomfortable (suggested)
Not IncludedLunchEntry FeesHotel PickupBreakfast