Ravenna Mosaics Walking Tour
You find out 5 places UNESCO heritage of rare beauty and deep spirituality.
Even just a half day visit is enough to enjoy the best of what the astonishing city of Ravenna has to offer.
The visit to the Early-Christian and Byzantine mosaics of the 5th and 6th centuries includes:
• Church of S. Vitale commissioned by the Emperor Justinian of Byzantium. In the mosaics here he is masterfully depicted with his fabulous wife Theodora.
• Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, A powerful building created to honour the resilient and colourful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
• Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by wonderful mosaics
• The tomb of Dante, close to the Basilica of San Francisco and its cloisters
• Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo which was the private chapel of the Ostrogoths King Theoderic.
A guided walk through the old city centre with a pause and a practical demonstration of mosaic -making technique, enjoyng and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna.
Minimum 2 Persons.
65 €/Person (2-4 Persons),
60 €/Person (5-8 Persons),
50 €/Person ( 9-12 Persons)
Not included in the Price, entrance to the Museum from 8,50 €/Person, to be paid directly at the Museum, and evtl. transportations
DeparturePiazza Francesco Baracca or Piazza del Popolo
Not IncludedLunchEntry FeesHotel PickupBreakfast