Sangiovese Wine Tour – 2 wineries with gourmet lunch
from €260per person
An unforgettable experience to get to know or deepen your knowledge of Sangiovese in its highest expression.
If you like wines, if you like good wines and you are in Emilia Romagna, you can’t really miss this journey to meet Sangiovese, the most typical wine of this land and 2 of its best producers.
We’ll start from the comfort of your private limocar, and drive to the hills of Castel San Pietro, to the famous winery Umberto Cesari. The Cesari family has always been passionate about wine: Umberto’s father ran one of the most historic Osterias in Bologna. Umberto wanted something more: not just selling, but create great wines. In the early ’60s he purchased a small vineyard on the hills of Castel San Pietro, founding the company and starting his mission: turning a typical grape of the area, Sangiovese, into an internationally known and loved wine. Mission accomplished, you’ll see it for yourself: we’ll spend 1-1,5 hours into this world of smells, experience, technique to better understand the care and passion this family has based everything on, tasting 3 different wines.
The second destination is waiting for you on the hills surrounding Predappio, a small town located 1 hour from Bologna, considered the true home of Sangiovese. With 120 hectares of Sangiovese grapes, the name Condé might ring a bell, considering also that its wine resort has been ranked as one of the Top 6 in the world. The estate is composed of 3 distinct areas: the classic Italian borgo, the Villa complex and La Cittadella, all with a stunning views of the vineyards. We’ll learn about the deep connection between this land and Sangiovese wine, explore another world of intense flavors and smells before sitting at one of the four restaurants of the resort and have a degustation menu with wine pairing as lunch.
If you want, you’ll have the opportunity to buy some wines in the Boutique.
2 -3 Persons € 340 / Person
4 – 7 Persons €260 /Person
7+ persons: please contact us
– Departure: 9.15 am at your accommodation / Return: 5 pm
– Cancellation Policy: until 8 days before Tour date and time free cancellation/ 7-5 days before 50 % /from 4 days before we will charge 100%
– Small group tour (min. 2 – max 8 persons) in English with licensed guide
– Available from Monday to Friday
– Available for vegetarian, vegan, glucose and lactose intolerants on request; let us know about it!
Our offer includes:
– Pick up with comfortable private Limocar, at disposal for the whole day
– English speaking Driver
– 1 to 1,5 hour guided tour of the Umberto Cesari winery with wine tastings
– 1 to 1,5 hour guided tour to the Condè winery with wine tastings
– Gourmet multi-course lunch with wine pairing
DepartureYour accommodation in Bologna city center
Departure Time9.15 am
Return Timeca. 5 pm
Dress Codecomfortable (suggested)
IncludeLunchEntry FeesPersonal GuideHotel Pickup